Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Opportunity knocks

Saturday a week ago I had to go to Victor O to settle some financial matters. Dropped Joka at the Petsmart, drove the Whitemud-WinterburnRoad-Yellowhead-Range Road 15-Cole Anne Heights to his place. I got out of the car and at the same time I'm on my butt, slippery as hell. And it hurts. Guess what; nobody home except the cleaning lady. So now what? Standing there asking myself what to do I see Jutta's car approaching. "Are you telepathic?" she asks me. It turned out she wanted to call me on some dog grooming matter. She talked to a boarding kennel who want to do grooming too, as we are in the market to set something up, Joka and Mavis want to start their own business. This kennel also does rescue dogs and as it happens they were at a grooming-shop in Edmonton to promote this. So I went there, made an appointment for the next day. So we, Joka-Chad-Marco-(Mavis had to work), paid them a visit. It's a big boarding kennel with no room to do the grooming but we agreed we could accommodate them by starting up our own shop and set-up some kind of transportation service as they get many grooming requests. So this opens a real nice business opportunity as we can feed off their clientèle too. One problem, we have to find a place where we can start. Or buy an existing one.

No comments: