Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Asphalt...

Last Friday we had to go the top brass of Waiward Steel Fabricators to have a conference call on Firebag 4 (Waiward-M&D-Jacobs Canada), yep my first project with M&D that got cancelled 3 months after my arrival. What gave a lot of worries on my part. We went there in a small Toyota Ralley... something. I have to confess; I am not used to small cars anymore. I had a hard time getting in, felt like a folded handkerchief, and I was bumping my head against the posts; that hurt. It was a strange feeling looking up to those trucks and have your butt so close to the tarmac, or asphalt if you like, you could almost feel it. Eerie. Yes I know, spoiled to the bone in a short period of time. But anyways, finally some real positive news, we got the go ahead on detailing for Suncor's Firebag 4. Its a start, maybe 5 and 6 come into the picture too the next few months. The steel-structures we detail and fabricate are only some 5% of the total cost, I think Suncor is spending like 3 billion in 2010. Hopefully they will increase this number at the next board-meeting. The next conference call we will take my truck for a comfy ride.

No comments: