Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ford F150 - Storck Multitask similarity

There he is again with his Ford I hear you thinking. But it struck me that there are some similarities between the above mentioned toys. Both are or have been used to relax after work or to get a bad day out of your system. True, the Storck is far more effective but now it will take me 2.5 hours to get home, back in Holland it was only 25 minutes. And I really do miss the daily bike commute. Both are real fun to drive. Unfortunately the Storck is not being used nowadays, at all. I had pumped up its tires (to 6 bars), left it in the sun when we heard a loud bang; my back tyre blew, most likely on the valve, as always. Distances are simply too long for commuting to and from work. Edmonton, rural Alberta, is not that interesting to bicycle through, long straight and often (sharp) gravel roads. Although cycling is growing in popularity as there is serious talk on a Tour de l'Alberta, cycled through rural Alberta. For now it is only 180 km with some 600 cyclists, and that number will increase the next few years as the baby boomers are concerned on their weight. I will pick up cycling again, for sure. Its too much fun to do, and somehow we will make it work out here in the country.

No comments: