Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Big engines

That reminds me, putting my food down. A couple of weeks ago we had been chopping wood and were driving home with a box full of chopped fire wood, stacked compactly. That's at least 2 cubic meter, weighing some 750 kg, maybe even more. Victor was driving ahead of us with his F350 Powerstroke V8 Diesel and including trailer he was doing 120 km/h, with ease. On highway 16 I was thinking whether or not my engine would notice the extra 750 kg. By no means at all, my F150 5.4 XLT sped forward when putting my foot down. No problemo, but it had a little side sway I must say. So I could have pulled that trailer too, but I felt unexperienced trying it, in the dark also. Next time I will give it a go. Now I know pick-ups are not only eye-candies but also able workhorses with those big engines, tow and haul with ease and comfort. Good to know.

No comments: