Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Out for lunch

Every Thursday we go out for lunch, either at Smillies Village or Vicky's, both located in Sherwood Park, just about a 10 minute drive. Chinese or European cuisine costing about the same and both very tasteful. Vicky's is our favorite because of, what else, the pretty waitresses. Sometimes when one of us (Peter, Dave, Greg or myself) had a good day at stockmarkets, and that's quitte often lately, we treat ourselfs to a glass of wine or a beer. And alcohol is pretty expensive here in Canada; so every once and a while it tastes very good. You can have a steak for about $15 and a wine or beer for $5; eating out is not that expensive overhere, as where the Canadians feel the 15 bucks is. And I still keep wondering how they can serve a good and complete meal for $15, and stay cheerful and friendly too; but you need to give a 10-15% tip as service is not included. I had a very good one on the TSX today, so I will buy eats and drinks tomorrow I announced with great gesture and a big smile. As it is my turn anyways its a bit of a Dutch Treat, right.

2 comments:

Joke Oldenburger said...

Isn't that the good life? Ondertussen heb ik zelf haast geen tijd om te lunchen op het werk...

Marco Schriek said...

I had chicken ala Marsala today, very good.