Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ditched!!!

We, Johan and I, were gone shopping and on the return trip we explored a shortcut to avoid Leduc Centre. Going around a corner a truck came the opposite way slipping and sliding another corner. I had to deviate in order to avoid a collision, into the deep snow. We did not collide, but we were in the ditch. I tried to drive out of it, it's a 4x4 right, but that made things only worse.  We just slid down the sloped shoulder. The f***** causing this just looked backward and drove on. I was on the phone to Ford Roadside Assistance, when a SUV stopped: "Looks like you boys need a tow, I have a truck and be back in 10 minutes". Well that's what I call a real nice guy. A while later a Dodge RAM3500 Welding Truck arrived, owned by Mathew it turned out, lifted with pretty cool huge Toyo tires. He shovelled a pathway, as to not damage my truck. Very thoughtful. It was like easy peasy, for that RAM3500, to pull my F150 free; his tires did not even slip. "It's a light truck" he said; see I need a F350. For events like this you need to be prepared here in Canada, clothes- and shoe wise. You never know what will happen. Minimum throw in a pair of snow boots and a warm coat, maybe even a snow shovel. A winch would be nice too, to pull yourself free. Only if a tree or something is present of course. So our grocery shopping turned in to a nice endeavour, and thanks to Mathew, one with a happy ending. My big 4x4 looked very small down there in the ditch.

No comments: