Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Almost tropical...


Currently we have an Arctic wind blowing thru Alberta. Temperatures will drop this weekend to -39, according to the forecast. Argh... still not below -40. There is also a wind chill warning, to make things even worse. As you can see the scale is off at the bottom side. But next Friday they expect +2, can you believe it? Temperature range of 40 degrees in a couple of days. Joost is lucky, although it would be nice for him to experience it close to -40. I'm sure he feels otherwise. You cannot snowboard in temps like those. Too cold, chances of frost bite are almost 100%. Funny thing is, you get used to the cold. -15 to -20 is not bad at all actually. Like Dave, fellow PC, says: "I consider it cold only below -20, then I change my spring jacket to a winter one". For me that is a bit too much still. But I am getting winterized. I really like the cold. So different.

No comments: