Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Backpain

Turning 52 and receiving your present....... in the morning can turn in a very painful situation after all. Friday afternoon there was just a little sting at my lower back. In the evening it was painful, Saturday and Sunday I spent flat on my back, popped in Tylenol Lower Back Pain (big blue pills :-) ) but that did not help. So of to work Monday morning, it turned out to be a hellish day, could hardly walk, sitting down was even worse and driving home was like someone hammering 10" nails into my back. Getting out of my truck was a very a painful endeavour. Still I was thinking, it will blow over after another days rest flat on my back. How stupidly typical for me. So on Tuesday I stayed home, and here that costs you money (no work no pay, but I like that). "Yes honey, I will go to work today" I said Wednesday morning`. The ride to the office was not very promissing. I stumbled to my desk and decided, at last, at 10:15AM that I had a problem that would not go away by looking the other way, and I phoned the first chiropractor I found with Google. At 11AM I was at the chiropractor, indeed no waiting lists over here, who examined me and had X-rays taken. It turned out movement was poor on 3 locations in my spine, 2 disks are in phase 3 of deterioration and growing towards each other, and my pelvis bone was attached to my right hip bone and caused my right leg to be shorter than the left. So I have a big problem, but guess what; Darren can help me. That same afternoon I had my first crack session and walked out relatively pain free. The next 6 weeks I have to go 3 times a week, then 6 weeks twice a week, 4 times a month for 2 months and finally once every month just for maintenance. And it helps, I feel a lot better lately, not ideal but I'm getting there. Looking back I should have recognized it, could not walk for long periods without having back-pain. But hey, it will blow over, right? Nope, sometimes you just have to admit you have a problem and just deal with it. It's as simple as that. Don't ignore it, just face it and deal with it head on. The next couple of months I'll be off to "Mr Crackman" as I call him.

1 comment:

Focus2Go said...

Daar ben ik toen ook geweest en heb het vervolgd met manueel therapie (iets minder kraken). En alles bij elkaar is het redelijk weg.