Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Rolly View Logging


It was another clear-blue sky and sunshiny day today and I decided to make a start with clearing out our poplar forest. There are a lot of dead and already downed trees to get busy with. The first few I did by hand and had soon enough of that. So I fired up the lawn tractor, it went in one go, found a chain and began hauling the tree-stems towards the fire pit. Even with a soar and un-cooperative lower back I managed to get a lot out of there. As expected I took it one step to far and broke the chain, never-mind I had enough of it anyways. I still have to get a power saw, preferably the Stihl MS290, to cut all that wood up. But then we can light the campfire again and have a beer and a smoke. It would be ideal to have a log-splitter too, but that's in the future. We will have a couple of wood-cutting weekends with Victor, which are great fun. He has always an odd story or two up his sleeve and usually I laugh my butt of. Couple of beers, good food and the inevitable men talk make a great day and a large pile of split logs. Life is pretty good out here.

No comments: