Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

CAD$ to €

I started watching the € a couple of weeks ago, it was valued at $1.42 to €1.00. Over the weeks this dropped bigtime due to the Greek deficit, rumors on Spain and Portugal being even worse than Greece, contributed to this steep decline. I needed to transfer a big chunk of $$ to €€, so my smile became bigger with the hour. I had locked in a target, with the help of Graham at Custom House, of $1.285, which is valid 24/7, and Wednesday overnight it had hit it's target, just around the low of this week. At our office we have a guy, Gerry, who watches the exchange-rate very closely. The word is one is hoping the rate will not break US$1.25; if it does all hell will break loose and the € will go into a free-fall towards $0.98; if that happens we are fucked worldwide. So I am really hoping the worst is over and I have been just bloody lucky, again. Maybe I will open a Foreign Exchange (ForEx) account and go trade currencies also. I'm just having fun over here.

No comments: