Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Heavy rainfall expected Tuesday

Well we are going to get a rainfall like I have never ever seen before. There is 50-70 mm rain expected by Tuesday morning. Fortunately our house in on higher grounds, so we will be okay I hope. At least you can argue that he lack of rain last year changed into a surplus for this year, and that is not a bad thing for the farmers here. But what if this amount of rain translates to heavy snow coming winter. We will be seeing some pretty nice snowy landscapes. Only last Friday it was +31C when I left the office. We have a strange summer this year. Joka is off to Holland this week, on a well earned vacation, hope she has better weather and higher temperatures. The outlook weather-wise for this week as per late Tuesday is pretty good, 20-23C and mainly sunny. Maybe tomorrow morning my truck is clean with and by the expected downpour. One very peculiar thing happening here; rain or not most birds keep on whistling, very strange. Probably they are long time used to this kind of weather. The weather over here reminds me of Extremes Series by Nick Middleton. It is pretty extreme for a Dutchman like me, but I like it.

No comments: