Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Indonesian food

That is a problem over here. The one and only time you can buy it in Edmonton is at the Heritage festival once a year for 2/3 days. Other than that you have to go to Calgary or Vancouver. I do like to drive my F150 but for an Indonesian meal a 6 hour drive to Calgary is, even for me, too much to ask. Solution? Go cook it yourself. And I did, also thanks to the Beb Vuyk Indonesian cookbook my mother gave me early eighties. Slowly it comes back and tonight I noticed I have not lost touch. A excellent Sambal Goreng Boontjes combined with a spicy chicken roast made a perfect meal. And it is not much work, a nomal meal. I will never ever prepare a meal for over 6 people anymore. That, a meal for about 16 co-workers-spouces-partners, leaves you in the kitchen for about 3 weeks (after hours, right) and at prime time you are not hungry and too tired to eat; but I think they liked it and all in all it was a pleasant evening. Anyways I picked it up again; I like the taste of it too much to let go. And it is way cheaper than eating out, still Dutch eh!

1 comment:

Chalopy said...

Ben van het weekend nog bij de toko geweest in Zeist.. Lekker ;) !
Ralph.