Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Orange support from Rollyview

Today was THE day, to get rid of 36 (1974) years of frustration. Johan and Emma were fully prepared to take off to the Boston Pizza Lounge in Leduc. They were on their own together with some 12 Spanish supporters. Again no luck, they lost 1-0 to Spain. And I must say the Spanish were the better team overall. Our so called center-piece failed at least on 2 occasions and he was over-classed in diving by the Spanish, as you all could see the referee fell for that and favored the Spanish way too much. Truthfully I have not seen him dive this game, so I will be a bit less harsh. I remember 1974 vividly, we were having vacation in Torralta Portugal when we lost and my dad was in a bad mood anyways as I had forgotten my math-books to study for a re-exam. Fortunately I did not fail. And then in 1978 when in the last minute Rob Rensenbrink hit the Argentinian post at 1 all, the Argentinians finished us off 3-1 in extra time. So 3 finals in a 36 year span; will we ever win the World-cup or will they keep losing it? Well the frustration is gone and real life kicks in; we/they are not destined to win the World-cup. Pity. And more importantly, I will loose $320 for not being first in our company-soccer-pool. That sucks. Big time.

No comments: