Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So, what's happening?

Two days into the new week after black Friday (also the Friday after the US Thanksgiving), but for me the most shocking day of my working career, things have changed. To relax myself this weekend I had a lot of beers, not my style but I had to. And yes it helped and got back a some perspective.
It's also weird you may leave the job some two hours after being laid off, a severance package and the next business-day almost your complete existence with the company is gone. It is like you see in those American series, a couple of card-board boxes loaded with your personal stuff and poeff... gone. 
On the bright side; I will never ever pick up smoking again, it solves nothing and you smell like a bloody ash-tray and your throat hurts. Drinking is no solution too, frigging misty. "One man's death is the other one's bread". It's true. The last two days I'm swamped. A whole bunch of jobs to take over, even 3 new jobs. Small ones but jobs nevertheless. All in all I'm not that unhappy currently.
This morning Husky Oil announced they have released a oil-sands mega project, some 2 billion. Waiward is bidding that one too, and if awarded hopefully we will get busy again. Read here if you are interested.

1 comment:

Laetitia Walter said...

Your last message was some time ago. Do you still have a job? How are things? Laetitia Walter