Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Alberta job market goes from recovery to growth

‘It has taken quite some time, but employment in Alberta has finally returned to its pre-recession glory’At least that's what the Edmonton Journal says, read here. It kind of makes sense with the rumors I hear, but does not, yet, translates to big projects floating in. The big engineering firms in Calgary are loading up engineers by the hundreds. Last week I talked to one; they all got a 10% pay-raise but a lot of them still do the walk-about, to the competition, for a couple of $$ more. So if they are busy; we should be getting busy also, right? We will see what happens.
Basically I am a happy camper, if I look at Europe I do not see it coming back online any time soon; as I had expected Italy is next, add Portugal and Greece to the equation and you see what I mean. So our decision to go in 2008 was and is a good one. Cheers.

No comments: