Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2009

This I do miss...

I really miss my daily commute by bike, just about 20-30 km, with my Storck Multitask. It has been over a year since my last one and up until now I have not been able to incorporate this bike ride into my daily routine, and that sucks. Now winter is approaching. Should I give it a shot with minus 20? If you don't try you will never know. Once, just after Christmas 2005, I did a multiday trip around the IJsselmeer in temperatures of minus 10-15. That was reasonably doable, except for my feet. I had the wrong summer (!!!) shoes, the ones with the small vent-holes. Perfect for summer conditions, in winter a big pain in the butt. I had to walk every 10 km or so to get the blood flowing again, but I succeeded. The last day all the way from Enkhuizen to Maarn, some 125 km. I was pretty happy with me and myself. I have got to find a way to incorporate cycling again. Roads here in Canada are quite boring, straight lines and 90 degree turns to yet another straight line. One possible solution is to take my bike to the river area in downtown Edmonton. Daily? Not going to happen. Somehow I will find a solution, there always is.

1 comment:

dk said...

hometrainer ? and watch
http://www.videotheekamersfoort.nl/?content_id=7043