Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The second 18 km

Yes, this morning I took Joka to the Petsmart and decided on the way back it's about time to pick up cycling again after 2(!!) years. At 8:50am I pedaled on the gravel road #234 towards Rollyview. I had no idea on my bike-fitness so not too far, something around 20 km will do. The first 2 km my legs hurt real bad, not that worse state of fitness I was thinking. After this I got into the groove and had no pains at all anymore, but realized there is a long way to go. It is a pretty rolling landscape here (hence Rollyview?), it goes up and down all the time, combine this with the relatively soft gravel roads and you understand that the 18 km compares to 30 km on tarmac, not a great distance but you have to start somewhere. Maybe I can trick Joka into a bike-ride tomorrow, same route as today about an hour and thru nice surroundings. Next time I will take pictures. Only thing you have to be really careful about are the cars and trucks that pass you, although they seem to be real cautious when passing. There is indeed not much room for error. As a cyclist you are considered a vehicle here in Alberta, when you are pedaling that is.

2 comments:

dk said...

wear a safety shirt
http://www.voetbalshop.be/product_images/2217022100.jpg

Focus2Go said...

goeie zaak!!