Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Facebook Scam

The below listed message was received by Joka thru Facebook. When you see US$8.5M you tend to get greedy, right. But Google 'Clinton Tetevi' and a lot of results pop up. 'Mr. D.' always is the same, lastname and greeting varies. And when you see Togo or any other African nation, listed in email message, it almost 100% certain it's a scam. And yes this is one too. So I told him/her/it "To f*** *** and go bug his/hers/its own kind". Pretty solid English too this Clinton writes, instead of referring to 'the' accident he/she/it refers to 'an' accident; also how does a deceased customer loses his life? But then again I did not study English literature in Cambridge or Oxford. Also this character thinks highly of him/her/itself with respect to the "Ësq" title, look here.
"Subject: LETTER FROM TETEVI & ASSOCIATES TO:Joka Oldenburger
Dear Joka Oldenburger,
I am Barr.Clinton Tetevi a legal practitioner, I am the personal attorney to Mr. D.Oldenburger, a contractor and businessman.
On the 1st October 2005, our deceased customer,his wife and their only daugther were involved in an automobile accident and It was unfortunate that our deceased customer and his family all lost their lives in an accident.
Do kindly contact me directly on my private email adddress below thus:(clinton.tetevi@hotmail.com) for more details inrespect for the claim of his Estate/Fund valued(usd$8.5Million)left behind before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Finance Firm.

Best Regards

Clinton Tetevi (Esq)
Principal Attorney,
Lome Togo."

1 comment:

Laetitia Walter said...

Hi, I had a message through facebook with the same tekst, variety Walter, 20,5 million USdollars, by june 9th. I read Togo and I didn't reply or anything. It is a wide spread method to make contact. Newest, we have a site "secondhand" and wanted to sell a chair. I got a cheque, brought it to the bank. To be continued.