Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sharing your life on a blog.

It is fun to do, most of the time. Biggest "problem" I have is the fact you almost never get a response. This despite deliberate blunt and stupid remarks, or posts, on my part. Only 1 or 2 people respond regularly, and I do appreciate that. Maybe even because of that, who knows. But generally people do not take the time to write something down I guess. This is based on the emails I get where the last line often is something like: "I will mail you back later as I have to ..........." (do some work related task) or "I'm so busy now I will respond more extensively later". And no this is never followed up with said email, and that's a pity. So sometimes there a gaps in the blogflow (word reminds me of something :-) ) or numerous posts in a short period of time. Are people really interested in the endeavours of a 52 year old, new Canadian landed immigrant? Currently I don't care but sometimes I just wonder if I want to continue. There should be people out there who are thinking on a move like we did, even if you are "old" like us. It makes your life really interesting and it is by no means only joy and happiness; as you have to take big and difficult life changing decissions. Family-friends-son-daughter. But it is rewarding, that much I do know. And maybe a blog like mine can offer some help. Working in Canada and the way M&D looks at the drafting world made me realise there is a vast global business and drafting world where you can be a part of. And there is very much to do out there, you only have to find it. In that respect it is a pity we made this move so late in life. On the other hand you could argue we were not ready yet. But the second half will be worth the walk, for sure.

No comments: