Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Going to war

May 13th 2010 What's this all about, you probably ask yourself. It is about The Migration Bureau (MB) and very very unprofessional conduct. On April 28th and 29th I inquired on the status of our application, we are getting nervous; over 3 months now since our medical was send in. On May 3rd, only after chasing them, the reply came: no need to get alarmed; the CIC had not requested additional documents (they usually don't after the medical) and there is a back log. Huh? What you also need to know is the fact the MB sends dozens of emails to me not related to our application. August last year I received an email saying: "Please confirm by return e-mail that you accept the above quote for additional work on your file. We are unable to complete any further work until we have your confirmation in writing". I refer to this one as the Blackmail letter.
This pissed me off big time as we already spend thousands of $$; do we now quit on a couple of hundred $$? Last March 2010 another one came in, how to emigrate to Canada and the possibilities we have in doing so. What the fuck, we are almost there; that one closed the door and I let them know I had enough and would file a complaint against them, and this is probably at the root of it all; please continue reading.
On Tuesday evening May 5th@9:30PM I decided to contact the embassy directly, explain them the situation as I was suspecting the MB is withholding information and ask them on our application status, this also thanks to the advice of Jutta. Wednesday morning May 6th@6:59AM the reply was there, and remember it is May 6th: "Please note that on April 8 we sent your consultant/lawyer a letter requesting all passports for visa issuance. I assume that this letter was not passed on to you." WHAT?? APRIL 8TH?? The MB inbreed fuckers are withholding information, inbreed bastards. On the one hand I was very happy, we are "granted the right to live and work in Canada" as it says officially. On the other hand I started to explode. Fortunately for me there was no MB inbreed fucker present when I read the above message. "In any case. The best way to proceed would be for you to fill out the cancellation of appointment form below and fax a signed version. We will then send you the relevant documents directly to your by regular mail or e-mail." The cancellation was faxed an hour later and I started to calm down a bit, actually still not grasping what just had happened.
How am I going to organize this? You only have 60 days to send in your passports and 30 of them were already used. After a confirmation email to the embassy, to which they replied within the hour, I received the necessary forms. I phoned up Joost to Fedex/DHL his passport to Edmonton, that took about 4 days. On May 13th Fedex picked up all our passports to be sent to the Embassy of Canada in Berlin. We are still ahead of the game and I will go to war to fight them. You cannot very easily get me really really pissed off but when it happens it usually goes with a bang. Considering this I kept my calm, surprisingly, and did not even wreck something, also peculiar. I will channel this energy otherwise this time, hopefully even more devastating psychologically. And I will enjoy every step of it. To be continued.......

No comments: