Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The first 2 km

Finally put my money where my mouth is. I cycled 2 km. Yes you read that correct, 2 km. On a gravel road, and that is not the easiest way to ride a bike. Fortunately I have 42 mm Schwalbe Marathon XR tires, otherwise I would probably have multiple punctures. After 2 years at last I made a start. My fitness was pretty good, bike-wise. It's gone, toast, out of the window. Have to start all over again, I think I have found a way, at least for the late spring-summer-early fall periods. Theoretically I leave at 6:45am by bike, Joke leaves at 7:10am by car and picks me up half way. That way I can at least start with a 45 min bike-ride a couple of times a week. We start doing that next week or so and see how it goes. At least it sounds like a plan.
I have to re-fit myself, I had a bit of a sore bum (yes-yes only 2 clicks, I know), my legs started to hurt (frontal wind :-) ) and I had to watch the gravel road real careful. Only the city has bike-roads, nothing like in Holland. Unfortunately. That's one thing I really miss out here, cycling. But the plan is there and I just have to make it work. The first, all important, step has been taken the rest will follow by itself. Right?

1 comment:

dk said...

wear a helmet.
on gravel road!