Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Again A New Task Assigned


Again a new task is assigned to me within M&D Drafting. I have been made responsible for maintaining and further develop the M&D Drafting Standards, a document that all draftspeople have to follow when creating the drawings. My past as a structural drafter combined with almost 20 years of 3D Solid Modeling experience as a user and developer led to asking me. I kindly reminded my boss to me being a Bachelor of Archtectural and Structural Engineering as in being the perfect choise, right. And I take every job, no matter what, have a big mouth and then facing the problems of living up to that. This approach always works for me, it makes you inventive in defeating the problem or computer. In which you always succeed, as for now computers can't think only follow orders. I think it is a fun job, makes you understand the underlying drafting process and can help to further enhancing the 3D system by our IT department of which I am no part, yet (But do I want to?). You also have to work with Waiward engineers, and engineers in general are a special breed anyways. I know from experience. And that is not a bad thing, only the approach differs towards each one and working with people generally suites me well. Also the shop needs to have their say, as they actually do the fabrication. The magnitude, if any, of this task I do not know yet. Maybe it's only maintenance, developing is more fun and challanging (!!). In that department I have a strong mind of my own and that sometimes gets in the/my way, but the fun part of being fity bloody one is you know and therefor can handle it appropriately and/or get out of your own way and still go your own way.

1 comment:

dk said...

Your damn right