Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

Coyote hunting



Could I? No I can't pull the trigger on any living animal other then a camera-trigger, preferably with Canon or Nikon (probably said so in an earlier post). But Alberta, and Canada in general, is also about hunting. And that is for some an integral part of their live. Starting september, or something, the season starts and they take off to the woods to hunt for deer, coyotes and what not else. In the fields surrounding our acreage they hunt, you can hardly call it that, for geese. The set up decoys and start shooting geese out of the sky. Last saturday I went to get the paper when I heard 10 shots fired rapidly, close by. Then I saw them in the fields adjacent to our property. Hunting is part of life here; as where in Holland I basicly never heard of it. Let alone know somebody who would hunt. It's part of the Canadian culture I particularly do not like, on the other hand it is probably necessary to control the number of wildlife. And in the foothills of the Rockies chances are you get stalked and killed by a grizzly, you are nothing more then a foodsource, most likely a pretty fat one too, and then they are the hunter. And there is no getting away; the run and climb faster and knock your head off with one blow.
If you want to read an how-to article on coyote-hunting then click here.

No comments: