Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

IELTS again

Again, 3rd time, I had to sit the IELTS test. The first one, done twice in 2006 (because all my marks needed to be 7 or higher), had expired. For Canadian Immigration it is only valid for one year, the migrationbureau.com argues. For the now I have no clue why. Will try to find out. I am, again, not sure on the results, last time it turned out pretty well. So hopefully I improved a little. We will know shortly, 13 days after testing it is sent in the post, which is about today. Sitting the test is no fun at all. The examiners think the are the centre of the universe. Your passport is checked twice, even compared next to your face. Nothing can be taken into the exam-room, apparently they think anything can be used as a recording device. They are really unfriendly too, rude even. The entire day I have not heard the word "please" which, in ordinairy English/Canadian, is used almost every other sentence. No it were/are real bitches, not even nice asses. By the way, in Amsterdam it was exactly the same. No nice people at all. But the fun part is, in the end they only collect some papers and make nice stacks of it and turn it over to the real examiners. Really important, right.
But I passed, not brilliantly, 75 out of 100. Not bad, but I expected it to be higher. Allways the nerd, eh!
So if we get the request for the medical, that will be the last hurdle to Landed Immigrant aka Permanent Resident status. I would be nice to have it all finalized this year, so another minor stress-issue will be history.

No comments: