Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Winterhard

Alrightdy, English it will be, this post anyways. One gets used to the cold, I knew that much, never expected it to be this fast, though. Just this morning, new years day, I was clearing our pathway due to overnight snow. Temperature -24 Celsius. Only wearing a t-shirt and a hoody, and a woolen beanie and gloves needless to say, shoveling snow I was not cold, even liked it out there. A clear blue sky, no wind and a nice sunshine contributed to that feeling of course. But there is a transition going on, obviously one's body gets used to the cold. Its not as worse as the beginning of winter, when I felt like a walking snow doll on the North Pole. One advantage out here in Edmonton; humidity is low, so the cold is not like in Holland where you chill to the bone on a wintersday. For now I like the cold out here, we'll see about that in a few months time, eh!

No comments: